Previously known as the IT Infrastructure Library, ITIL has stayed the industry-standard and keystone most well-known practice framework for aligning, managing, and supporting the service management of IT with the requirements of the business. ITIL has been acting as a commanding agent for IT. It has been devised by AXELOS and it utilized the service lifecycle of ITIL to plot the whole journey from the requirements and needs of the customer throughout the constant advancement of services.
Now, let us look into the top two reasons why one should consider the ITIL Foundation Training certification.
Good Moneymaking Opportunities
The bottom line of any job is how much money you are making at the end of the day. At times when you cannot avail the opportunities of on-site sponsorship, nonetheless, it would be well worth investing in and pursuing the ITIL Foundation training on your own time. The certification course and training of ITIL will not only offer a higher degree of value to your business and boost your resume, but also it has the potential to help you gain more profitable job offers at the same time. Techopedia has listed ITIL as one of their highest-paying certifications of IT. Therefore, it is not unnatural for IT architects and certified program managers of ITIL to make well above an annual salary of one lakh in their respective incomes.
A Sharp Set of Skills
Primarily, there are five levels of the ITIL v3 certifications that signify diversified degrees of proficiency of the material:
- First Level: ITIL Foundation – The certification course at the level of entry that helps professionals to get familiar with the general terminologies, elements, and concepts that are used in the service level of ITIL and the lifecycle stages related to it is called ITIL Foundation training.
- Second Level: ITIL Practitioner – Made in 2016, this is the most recent certification, and it focuses on how one can begin adopting and adapting to the framework of ITIL during regular scenarios and situations.
- Third Level: ITIL Intermediate –The third level can be divided into multiple modules that take a newer approach to ITSM for it goes deeper than the prior levels of certifications. Industry experts consider this certification to be an industry-wide general qualification for numerous prospective roles in IT.
- Fourth Level: ITIL Expert – A large-scale and prominent approach is taken by this level in full to the scheme of ITIL. Individuals typically refer to this level as honorable and favorable for the best practices and knowledge for ITIL.
- Fifth Level: ITIL Master – The fifth level of certification is also the final one, and it demonstrates a comprehensive and complete knowledge of the advanced techniques, methods, and principles of ITIL, along with its supportive processes of management. You will become a part of the most valuable and best in your expertise field once you achieve this certification level.
If an individual can acquire a certificate in any of the above-mentioned levels of certification in ITIL, their skillsets will be improved, helping them to get a better grasp at the implementations and management of ITIL across most infrastructures of ITIL. With the newly-acquired knowledge of the best practices of ITIL, one becomes a much-required asset amongst their peers, which enables them to be more confident in their position within the company.