What’s new at Third Space
Please take note we are closed for the upcoming labor day weekend.
- Yoga + Coffee at Bump ‘n Grind on Friday, 8/28 at 6:00 p.m. Sam will lead an all levels yoga class outside Bump-n-Grind in front of the silver structure! Register now to get $1 off any drink. Remember your yoga mat! Fee $5.
- Jessamyn & Dana’s Back to Basics Workshop on Beginners Inversions on Saturday, 9/12 at 2:00 p.m. Early bird registration by Aug. 31st for $30. Regular price is $35! This Beginners Inversions Workshop will help you build a safe and fun inversion practice from the ground up. They will their share tips for building the necessary strength and flexibility for all bodies, which you can then easily integrate to your practice. Inversions can be energizing, relaxing, confidence-building, and humbling. Most importantly, come ready to have fun and discover endless possibilities!
- Lunchbox Foods Anyone Can Make, 9/13 at 10:30 a.m. Head back-to-school with lunches the whole family can pack and enjoy, presented by Health Coach, Jessica Braider of The Balanced Kitchen. Fee: $25 for the first family member, $10 for each additional member, people age 12 and younger attend for free.
- Jessamyn & Dana’s All Levels Backbend Workshop on Sunday, 9/13 at 2:00 p.m. Early bird registration by Aug. 31st for $30. Regular price is $35! This workshop will take you down the path of creating space, energizing the body and soul with mindful alignment. They will share their tips for safely building up to a backbend practice that you can take home to your own practice. Come ready to open your heart, breathe new light into the body, and clear space in the mind.
- Yoga Basics for Beginners on Saturday, 9/19 at 11:00 a.m. Join Third Space teachers, Annie and Rick, as they de-mystify yoga by teaching you the basics – from terms you may run into in class to breaking down alignment cues to why yoga props are your friends. Fee: $25.
- Transitioning to Motherhood: a self-care workshop focused on the 3rd and 4th trimesters, Sunday, 9/27 at 1:00 p.m. This 2-hour workshop will teach you self-care techniques, yoga poses for your pre & post birth body, and mind-body exercises to illuminate your path to motherhood. Led by Rosemary L. Murrain, MBA, EdM, RYT500, mother of 3 and working professional, who learned first-hand how practical and empowering yoga and self-care is. Fee: $40
- Nutrition workshop: Pass the Pumpkin on Monday, 9/28 at 6:30 p.m. Join Nutrition Educators Susie Cohen and Tia Taylor as they help you prepare delicious fall foods! They’ll share and demonstrate recipes, discuss nutritional properties of harvest foods, and provide practical tips for re-energizing healthy habits for the feast (fall and winter) seasons. Fee: $25
- NEW STUDENT SPECIAL: $30 for 30 days! Yoga students new to Third Space Wellness pay an intro rate of $30 for 30 days of unlimited regular yoga classes. Come on in and get to know us!
- Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.: Silver Spring Running Club! Meet you at the corner of Wayne Avenue and Sligo Creek Parkway for a 2-4 mile run/walk! Here’s why you should join us!
- YOGA YOGA YOGA. See the schedule here. Apply for our new yoga buddy program Yoga Buddy Program!
- Not sure why we call ourselves Third Space Wellness? Read about it here.
- Sign up for our newsletter! Find out about events and special offers, get wellness tips and stay up-to-date with our progress.
Click here to register for any of these upcoming offerings now!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT USAnne’s Testimonial from Third Space on Vimeo.
More of what people are saying about us…
“I had open heart surgery over 30 years ago and it wasn’t until I was an adult and studying meditation that I noticed my breath didn’t seem to move through my chest smoothly. There were emotions that I struggled with as well… giving and receiving love and feeling secure with myself… My acupuncturist, Joy Andrews, suggested a scar treatment…. It has been an amazing spiritual experience! Breath became smooth and easy. Words like open heart, full, and complete came to mind. No pits or peaks in mood… My body still feels the needles and I will sleep well tonight as I remember my purpose here is to love and that is all.” ~ Ally
“As a crazy scientist who works 10 to 12 hours a day, I realized that swimming and walking the dogs was not providing enough balance to keep me sane. I discovered the Body Flow class, a blend of yoga, tai chi, and Pilates, taught by Sam Dublin. After a few sessions, I quickly learned to appreciate Sam’s in-depth knowledge, customer-oriented teaching style, and gentle way of encouragement and support. Her approach to instructing a class that is composed of a wide range of students’ skills and ages is all-inclusive, yet highly effective. I love the class and hope more weekly sessions will be added that fit my busy schedule.” ~ Franziska