What’s new at Third Space
- Summer Lovin’ Workshop on Sunday, 8/9 at 2:00 p.m.: Join Michelle, Caroline, and Mike in a yoga, meditation, and creative workshop. Summer is a season of energy and lusciousness allowing more opening and expansion. Bend and twist with an asana practice and meditation followed by hands-on introductory wire sculpting to integrate the curves of our everyday lives. Register here.
- Restorative Acu Yoga on Sunday, 8/16 at 7:00 p.m.: Start the week off right with a Sunday evening restorative yoga class and acupuncture treatment (in the ears!). This class is great for anyone – whether you’re new to yoga and/or acupuncture or you’re a veteran.
- Jessamyn & Dana’s Back to Basics Workshop on Saturday, 9/12 OR Sunday, 9/13 at 2:00 p.m.: Early bird registration by Aug. 31st for $30. Regular price is $35! This class will focus on mindful alignment, building strength from the inside out, and guidance for intermediate postures that you can translate to your own level and practice. The workshop is beginner friendly, but some yoga experience and knowledge of common posture names will help you get the most out of the class. All you need is an open mind and heart.
- Yoga Basics for Beginners on Saturday, 9/19 at 11:00 a.m.: Join Third Space teachers, Annie and Rick, as they de-mystify yoga by teaching you the basics – from terms you may run into in class to breaking down alignment cues to why yoga props are your friends.
- NEW STUDENT SPECIAL: $30 for 30 days! Yoga students new to Third Space Wellness pay an intro rate of $30 for 30 days of unlimited regular yoga classes. Come on in and get to know us!
- Every Sunday at 9:30 a.m.: Silver Spring Running Club! Meet you at the corner of Wayne Avenue and Sligo Creek Parkway for a 2-4 mile run/walk! Here’s why you should join us!
- YOGA YOGA YOGA. See the schedule here. Apply for our new yoga buddy program Yoga Buddy Program!
- Not sure why we call ourselves Third Space Wellness? Read about it here.
- Sign up for our newsletter! Find out about events and special offers, get wellness tips and stay up-to-date with our progress.
Podcast – Wellness Unlocked: Sleep: it's an art and a science
Sleep, snooze, schluff (what, Yiddish?!) – Whatever you like to call bedtime, this is an episode all about sleep.
We’re talking about healthy sleep in this episode – what healthy sleep is, how to begin achieving it, and some commonly overlooked sleep breakdowns. We’re going to cover alarm clocks and your snooze button, electromagnetic disturbances, and the importance of clean sheets (the truth really comes out here!). And what about dealing with sleep when you have a partner in your bed? We have some interesting things to say about that. Then there’s happiness, dreams, creativity, food, the amount of sleep, and oh so much more!
Read and listen here…
When Pain is a Gift
Pain killer. Pain relief. Pain in the arse. This is our dialogue around pain. Does it have to be this way?
You have 100% chance of contracting pain in your lifetime. The question is what’s your m.o. when it happens. How do you handle pain? Do you wince, cry, yell, stiffen up, push through it, work it out?
Pain is a messenger. Biologically, it’s a process in which nerve endings are firing messages to your brain saying HELLO!! HI! Hi! ME! ME! Here! NOW! Squirrel! In my brain! And often, the message includes a big serving of common sense. What message is your pain sending you?
Read more here…
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US
from Third Space
More of what people are saying about us
“I had open heart surgery over 30 years ago and it wasn’t until I was an adult and studying meditation that I noticed my breath didn’t seem to move through my chest smoothly. There were emotions that I struggled with as well… giving and receiving love and feeling secure with myself… My acupuncturist, Joy Andrews, suggested a scar treatment…. It has been an amazing spiritual experience! Breath became smooth and easy. Words like open heart, full, and complete came to mind. No pits or peaks in mood… My body still feels the needles and I will sleep well tonight as I remember my purpose here is to love and that is all.” ~ Ally
“Health care providers with a healing presence! Rachel has been my acupuncturist for over a year and I feel incredibly held and cared for in my sessions. She is a gifted practitioner who goes above and beyond for her clients. Since starting treatments, my sinus, allergy and menstrual issues have all but completely disappeared. If ever they start to resurface or I feel off, I just go to Rachel and she and the needles work their magic! She has also been instrumental in bringing to my attention my body’s wisdom and I more attuned to it as a result.” ~ Tia (on Yelp.com)
“As a crazy scientist who works 10 to 12 hours a day, I realized that swimming and walking the dogs was not providing enough balance to keep me sane. I discovered the Body Flow class, a blend of yoga, tai chi, and Pilates, taught by Sam Dublin. After a few sessions, I quickly learned to appreciate Sam’s in-depth knowledge, customer-oriented teaching style, and gentle way of encouragement and support. Her approach to instructing a class that is composed of a wide range of students’ skills and ages is all-inclusive, yet highly effective. I love the class and hope more weekly sessions will be added that fit my busy schedule.” ~ Franziska
Contact us at 301.328.5326 ♦ email@example.com ♦ 8001 Kennett Street, Suite B, Silver Spring, MD 20910