Medical weight loss is a program that helps people lose weight under the supervision of a healthcare professional. The goal is to assist patients in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight through a combination of dietary and lifestyle changes and medications or other treatments, if necessary. Lewisville medical weight loss may be an effective way to achieve and maintain weight loss, particularly for those with obesity-related health conditions or those who have failed to lose weight through diet and exercise alone.
Components of a medical weight loss program can include:
- Comprehensive evaluation and assessment by a doctor to determine the underlying causes of weight gain.
- Personalized diet and exercise plans tailored to the patient’s needs and goals.
- Medications or other treatments to support weight loss, such as appetite suppressants or weight loss injections.
- Regular monitoring and support from a healthcare professional to track progress and adjust the plan as needed.
- Education and support on lifestyle changes, such as healthy eating and physical activity.
Before the procedure, your doctor may need to:
- Review your medical history and any current medications you are taking
- Perform a physical examination, including measurements of your weight, height, and body mass index (BMI)
- Order laboratory tests, such as blood work or a metabolic panel, to assess your overall health
- Evaluate any previous weight loss attempts and their outcomes
- Discuss your weight loss goals and any concerns you may have
The information gathered during this evaluation will help your doctor determine if medical weight loss is appropriate for you and develop a personalized plan that meets your needs and goals. It is also important to be open and honest with your doctor about your health and lifestyle to ensure the best possible outcome.
Benefits of medical weight loss include:
Safe and effective
Healthcare professionals designed and supervised medical weight loss programs to ensure a safe and effective weight loss process. They consider the individual’s needs, medical history, and lifestyle to develop a personalized plan promoting healthy weight loss. Medical weight loss programs provide a comprehensive approach to weight management that can lead to long-term success by combining personalized nutrition, exercise, and medication as needed.
In a medical weight loss program, a healthcare professional will work with the individual to create a customized plan that includes a balanced diet, exercise regimen, and any necessary medication. The program is regularly monitored and adjusted to ensure progress and maximize results. With a personalized approach, medical weight loss programs help individuals adopt healthy habits and achieve their weight loss goals safely and sustainably.
Better control of chronic conditions
Medical weight loss can help people manage chronic health conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease. Obesity is a major risk factor for many chronic diseases, and medical weight loss programs are designed to help people lose weight and improve their overall health.
Individuals with chronic conditions can reduce their risk of complications and improve their overall quality of life by losing weight and adopting a healthy lifestyle. A medical weight loss program can also assist individuals in better managing their disease by guiding nutrition, exercise, and medication in some cases.
With your healthcare professional at Lakepointe Direct Primary Care overseeing the weight loss process, you will feel confident that you are losing weight safely and effectively.