If you’re searching for a gift idea other than flowers for Mother’s Day, consider a house plant, which is beautiful and has a longer lifespan.
When looking for reliable web-based plant stores, there are a few things to look at before you shop online for plants. To begin, read reviews to learn about other people’s experiences with plant quality, packing, and service quality.
Plan Before You Buy
Before buying, you must first plan, research, and analyse your home’s environmental conditions as well as the kind of houseplants that would grow there. Here are some helpful hints when buying houseplants:
- Light Requirements: Each houseplant has its own set of sun requirements. Some houseplants require bright, indirect light, while others demand full sun for six to eight hours every day.
- Soil: Before purchasing houseplants, conduct a soil test. Soil is classified into three types: mud, clay, and sand. Soil test kits may be found at your local hardware shop.
- Space: You probably don’t have much room for houseplants if you live in a city. As a result, we recommend using hanging plants or small houseplants.
- Time: Some plants demand a higher level of care and attention. Choose drought-tolerant and hard-to-kill houseplants if you’re a plant parent on the go who also happens to be forgetful.
Purchase houseplants that are a good fit for your degree of dedication and personality as a plant parent.
Review Plant’s Description and Instructions
When deciding to shop online for plants, search overall plant descriptions in detail. Plant descriptions and planting instructions will be given at reputable online nurseries.
Along with the scientific name, plant descriptions should contain the plant’s hardiness zone and mature size characteristics and suggestions on adequately caring for the plant.
- What does the plant require in terms of soil and moisture?
- What kind of light does the plant need?
- Is there any information regarding deer resistance or whether it attracts birds?
It’s better to keep looking for a nursery with thorough plant descriptions if an online nursery doesn’t have them.
Learn The Signs of An Unhealthy Plant
Unfortunately, some plant retailers sell unhealthy plants. However, you can prevent buying them by knowing how to recognise the indications of a sick houseplant.
Speckling or patches on the leaves can indicate disease or insect damage and are one of the tell-tale signs of an ill plant. Pests like to hide in the leaf’s underside or on stems, so keep an eye out for them.
Inspect the roots of plants just at nursery since roots that have been in the nursery container for an extended time usually grow in circles, making it harder for the roots to absorb nutrients and water.
Learn About Seller’s Authenticity
Friends or family members may be able to assist you in locating the best online plant store. However, it is true that word of mouth will go a long way. If someone recommends an online nursery, inquire about shipping times and the quality of the plants they got.
Inquire as to whether the plant has survived the winter. Customer reviews and comments will be available at reputable online nurseries. Before placing an order for plants, make sure you read these.
You may also ask about people’s experiences with various online nurseries by searching gardening forums.